Liset Lefebvre Martinez
E-mail MeLiset Lefebvre Martinez
Liset Lefebvre Martinez was born and raised in Illinois. At a young age, Mrs. Lefebvre's family relocated to El Paso, Texas, where she grew up. Mrs. Lefebvre received a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Texas at El Paso and a Juris Doctorate from the University of Denver, Sturm College of Law. She is licensed in the State of Texas by the Supreme Court of Texas.
While in law school, Mrs. Lefebvre studied in England at the University College of London, Faculties of Law where she focused her legal studies on Comparative Law and Transnational Litigation. She clerked at Bacciardi & Partners, an international corporate law firm, in Italy. Mrs. Lefebvre also clerked for the United States 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, Bankruptcy Appellate Panel in Denver, Colorado and upon graduation for the 383rd District Court in El Paso, Texas.
Prior to venturing into immigration law, Mrs. Lefebvre participated in the defense of multi-million dollar complex commercial litigation matters. She handled a broad range of civil disputes including construction defect, ERISA, FLSA, and product liability matters.
Prior to joining Chavez & Valko, Mrs. Lefebvre worked at one of the largest immigration law firms in Dallas where she successfully represented individuals in removal proceedings throughout the United States and helped hundreds of immigrants obtain lawful status.
Mrs. Lefebvre represents non-citizens and her immigration practice includes:
- Detention and Removal,
- Consular processing with I-601 and I-601A waivers,
- Adjustment of status,
- Citizenship and naturalization,
- TPS and NACARA,
- S, T and U visas,
- Asylum (affirmative and in removal proceedings),
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA),
- Non-Immigrant visas with section 212(d)(3)(a) waivers, and
- I-9 Compliance
- Motions to Reopen or Reconsider and Appeals before the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) and the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA).
Mrs. Lefebvre is a passionate litigator. She is honest and diligent. In her career, she has handled hundreds of cases, and reunited many families through true advocacy. Because Immigration law is regulated by the Federal Government, Mrs. Lefebvre is able to represent clients with immigration matters throughout the country. In fact, she has travelled to several states to represent individuals in removal proceedings as well as before USCIS.
Mrs. Lefebvre served as the AILA Dallas Section Co-Coordinator (2011-2012), is a member of the Texas Bar Association, Texas Young Lawyers Association, Dallas Bar Association, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, and American Immigration Lawyers Association and is admitted to practice law in the State of Texas.
Mrs. Lefebvre is fluent in Spanish, and proficient in Italian.
Mrs. Lefebvre relocated to Baton Rouge, Louisiana with her husband who is working with the LSU basketball team as the strength and conditioning coach. Mrs. Lefebvre enjoys attending LSU sporting events with her husband and two daughters and donating her time to charitable organizations and events.
- Supreme Court of Texas, 2006
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- Juris Doctorate
- University College of London, Faculty of Laws, London, England
- Major: Comparative Law and Transnational Litigation
- University of Texas at El Paso
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Speaker, Immigration Options for Victims of Domestic Violence, Mexican Consulate General in Dallas, TX, February 29, 2012 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Supreme Court of Texas
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
If you have any questions regarding immigration law, including questions relating to naturalization, deportation, permanent visas, working in the United States, traveling abroad or employer compliance, please contact our law firm to schedule an in-person, telephonic or video consultation regardless of your location within the United States or anywhere in the World.
We speak Spanish , Slovak, and Czech, accept credit cards, and provide initial consultations with an attorney for a low fee. To contact us, call 214-251-8011 (Dallas, TX area), 817-332-1100 (Fort Worth, TX area), 225-291-2155 (Baton Rouge, LA), or toll-free 1-888-562-0398 (nationwide).
* The information on this website should not be construed as legal advice. Use of information on this site does not form an attorney-client relationship. Fully licensed by the Texas Supreme Court.
** Louisiana Office - not licensed to practice law or represent clients in matters of State Law in Louisiana; but Authorized by Federal Law to advise and represent clients in Immigration Matters in Louisiana and throughout the United States. Practice is limited to Immigration Law.