E-mail MeNicolas Chavez
* Board Certified, Immigration Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization
** Legal Advisor to the Mexican Consulate in Dallas
Nick Chavez is an expert in immigration and naturalization law for individuals seeking solutions in obtaining lawful status or citizenship in the United States and is Board Certified in Immigration and Nationality Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. He has represented several notable immigrants including a Grammy-nominated artist, a racecar team member, and a highly accomplished muralist. He has written publications for local media and has been featured in radio and television shows to discuss relevant developments in immigration law to the community. He is regularly invited to speak on immigration topics, and has participated as a speaker at lawyer conferences and community events. He is an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association and is presently serving as a Member of the AILA Amicus Committee for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Nick is also a published cartoonist. He has published over 20 law-related cartoons for national magazines such as the The National Jurist and Immigration Law Today.
*Not licensed to practice law or represent clients in matters of State law in Louisiana; But Authorized by Federal Law to advise and represent clients only in Immigration matters in Louisiana and throughout the United States.
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Immigration & Nationality Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2010
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2005
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 2004
- Supreme Court of Texas, 2001
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- Juris Doctor (JD) - 2001
- University of Houston Immigration Clinic - 2000
- University of Texas at El Paso
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) - 1997
- Honors: With Honors
- Immigration Law Today
- El Hispano News
- The National Jurist
- Panelist, Federal Litigation Updates, 2013 AILA National Conference, June 28, 2013
- Speaker and Moderator, Hot Topics in Family-based Adjustments, University of Texas CLE, November 9, 2012
- Speaker, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), Townview Magnet Center, November 3, 2012
- Speaker, Strategies in Complicated I-751 Cases, 2012 AILA National Conference, June 13, 2012 - June 16, 2012
- Speaker, Immigration Options for Victims of Domestic Violence, Mexican Consulate General in Dallas, TX, February 29, 2012 - Present
- Presenter, Mock USCIS I-130/I-485 Adjustment of Status Interview, University of Texas CLE, October 19, 2011
- Panelist, Strategies for Success in Problematic Naturalization Cases, AILA Audio Seminar, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA), September 22, 2011
- Speaker, Appellate and Motions Practice before the Board of Immigration Appeals, American Immigration Lawyer Association (AILA) Spring 2011 Texas Chapter Conference, April 14, 2011 - April 16, 2011
- Speaker, When Marriages Go South (Playa del Carmen, Mexico), Texas/New Mexico/Oklahoma Chapter Fall AILA CLE Conference in Mexico, November 5, 2010 - November 6, 2010
- Panelist, Review of I-751s in Removal Proceedings, American Immigration Lawyer Association (AILA) Annual Conference, June 30, 2010 - July 3, 2010
- Panelist, A Practical Guide to Removal Proceedings, University of Texas CLE Seminar on Immigration Law, May 25, 2010 - May 26, 2010
- Speaker, Knowing your Immigration Rights - Parents, Dallas Police Department Community Outreach Program, Dobie Primary School, April 7, 2009
- Speaker, Knowing your Immigration Rights, Iglesia Restauracion, February 3, 2009
- Speaker, UPL: Concerns, Tips and How to Get Involved (Puerto Vallarta, Mexico), Texas Chapter Fall AILA CLE Conference in Mexico, November 7, 2008 - November 8, 2008
- Speaker, Removal Proceedings: The New Practice Rules, University of Texas CLE Seminar on Immigration Law, October 22, 2008 - October 24, 2008
- Presenter, Know Your Rights - Videoseminar for respondents, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Dallas, October 1, 2008
- Speaker, Immigration Law & Employer Compliance, Sterling Institute CLE Seminar, February 15, 2008
- Speaker, Immigration & Naturalization Legal Clinic, Hispanic Contractors Association of DFW, September 2, 2007
- Speaker, Knowing Your Immigration Rights, Comunidad de Amor, Fe y Esperanza, June 17, 2007
- Speaker, New No-Match - Regulations: Employers on "Constructive" Notice that Employee May be Working Illegally and How To Avoid Penalties, Hispanic Contractors Association of DFW, September 6, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of the AILA Amicus Committee
- Unauthorized Practice of Law Cmte; Dallas Bar Association; American Bar Association; State Bar of Texas; American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member; Dallas and Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Dallas World Affairs Council; Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce; Hispanic Contractors Association of DFW (HCADFW); Greater Dallas Hispanic Chamber of Commerce; U.S.-Mexico Bar Association
- Leadership Fort Worth
If you have any questions regarding immigration law, including questions relating to naturalization, deportation, permanent visas, working in the United States, traveling abroad or employer compliance, please contact our law firm to schedule an in-person, telephonic or video consultation regardless of your location within the United States or anywhere in the World.
We speak Spanish , Slovak, and Czech, accept credit cards, and provide initial consultations with an attorney for a low fee. To contact us, call 214-251-8011 (Dallas, TX area), 817-332-1100 (Fort Worth, TX area), 225-291-2155 (Baton Rouge, LA), or toll-free 1-888-562-0398 (nationwide).
* The information on this website should not be construed as legal advice. Use of information on this site does not form an attorney-client relationship. Fully licensed by the Texas Supreme Court.
** Louisiana Office - not licensed to practice law or represent clients in matters of State Law in Louisiana; but Authorized by Federal Law to advise and represent clients in Immigration Matters in Louisiana and throughout the United States. Practice is limited to Immigration Law.