Dallas/Fort Worth I-9 Employer Compliance & E-Verify Lawyers
The federal government requires employers to verify that all new employees are authorized to work in the U.S. The federal government provides the I-9 form or "Employment Eligibility Verification Form" to employers to use when conducting and proving compliance.
If you represent or own a business that has questions regarding I-9 employment compliance, the Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, immigration law firm of Chavez & Valko can help. We conduct comprehensive I-9 audits and training of the human resources staff to be compliant with the most recent developments, and also handle immigration problems faced by employers in the United States.
Do you have questions regarding how your firm can protect itself from possible charges of I-9 violations? Has your firm been charged with a labor certification violation? Contact us at 214-251-8011 or 817-332-1100(Fort Worth area), or 1-888-562-0398 (nationwide).
It is important that your firm stay within federal legal guidelines when hiring employees and verifying employees' backgrounds, origins and citizenship. Employer penalties for I-9 noncompliance are significant and can include:
- Fines of $250 to $5,500 per worker
- Being barred from federal government contracts for one year
Further, if an employer is found to have knowingly accepted false documents from an employee, they could face criminal charges.
Firm attorneys are experienced in helping Texas firms and firms across the Gulf Coast, the South and the U.S. stay in compliance and fight charges of compliance violations. Members of our attorney team have also presented educational seminars regarding I-9 compliance, including:
- Legal seminar on The I-9 Form: Employer's Compliance Responsibility at the Dallas Federal Reserve Bank in 2011
- Presentation regarding how employers can avoid compliance penalties presented to the Hispanic Contractors' Association of Dallas/Fort Worth in 2007
- Presentation entitled "Immigration Law & Employer Compliance" presented as a CLE at the Sterling Institute CLE in March of 2008
We can work internally with your firm to complete an I-9 audit to help you avoid violations and penalties, and can plan for an I-9 compliance defense, or if you have been already charged. We can also provide our clients with free in-house training. To discuss your concerns or your charges, contact us for a low-cost consultation.