TN Visa Requirements
The TN visa was created by the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) for Canadian and Mexican citizens engaged in specific professional activities to work in the United States. Under the current law, eligible TN nonimmigrants could receive a visa, and subsequent extensions, for up to three (3) years. There is no numerical cap and no labor certification is required.
The applicant must:
- Be a Canadian or Mexican citizen
- Plan to engage in one of the approved professional occupations
- Be qualified to work in the specific professional activity including the requisite degree and/or credentials Note: There are restrictions on "management consultants"
- Have a job offer from a US employer (Self-employment is not permitted)
- not have immigrant intent (meaning cannot intend to remain in the US on a permanent basis when applying for TN status)
To learn more from satisfied clients of our firm, please visit our testimonials page.