Extraordinary Ability Visas Lawyers
Dallas, Texas — Fort Worth, Texas
Nonimmigrants with extraordinary abilities are often eligible for an O-1 visa which allows them to enter and remain in the U.S. Often referred to as "specialized skill visas" and "extraordinary ability visas," O-1 visas are most often granted to:
- Performers, musicians, actors and actresses
- Educators, scholars and researchers
- Some criteria for the granting of specialized skill visas include: Superior knowledge, ability, expertise and accomplishments
- A corroborated opinion regarding the applicant's abilities from a source in the applicant's field
- The applicant must be coming to the U.S. to work in his or her field of ability
Spouses and unmarried minor children of individuals who have been granted an O-1 visa are also often granted visas. If you have questions regarding how to obtain an extraordinary ability visa, the Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, visa and immigration law firm of Chavez & Valko can help.
Experienced O-1 Visa Attorneys With Firsthand Experience
At Chavez & Valko, our attorney team has firsthand experience in pursuing extraordinary ability visas. Our lawyers represented and consulted with:
- Professional hockey players (NHL)
- LPGA players
- Professional tennis players (ATP and WTA)
- International drag racers
- World and European Swimming Champion, 5-time Olympian and 2-time Olympic Silver medalist;
- World's Top 5 Track and Field Hammer Thrower and 3-time Olympian;
- Professional photographer employed by a major US trading card manufacturer
- International solo and group artists (singers and rock bands)
- Grammy-nominated classical pianist
In addition to helping individuals, we help businesses, nonprofit organizations and colleges and universities obtain O-1, EB-1, EB-2, O-2 and O-3 visas.
"We are infinitely thankful as a family to immigration attorney Mr. Martin Valko and his immigration team at Chavez & Valko LLP for their professionalism, knowledge, hard work and dedication in obtaining an 0-1/0-3 Visa for our family. Before hiring Mr Valko, we hired another local law firm which cost us unnecessary time, money, suffering, and overall a lack of faith in the Immigration legal system. After one meeting with Mr. Valko - our faith, hope and confidence was completely renewed. He is the ultimate professional and a true diamond/expert in his field. As well has having a very robust process in place to guide us through our application, Mr Valko kept the communication lines open through the entire process, managing our expectations, updating us on his progress and reassuring us along the way. This was tempered with quick responses to our emails/calls and lots of care and compassion from both him and his team - on many occasions he took calls after hours and weekends, proving to us that it is not all about the money with this firm - he has a genuine interest in his clients and will work relentlessly to achieve a positive result for them. Our own case provided quite a steep challenge for Mr. Valko, based on the Visa category that we were applying for - Mr Valko worked tirelessly and innovatively on our case and what could have taken up to 15 days to approve - came through in 3 days! Mr Valko called us personally after hours to give us the news!! If you have an Immigration requirement - this is the firm you need to contact - we don't where you will find a customer experience on the same level that Mr. Valko provides. It has been an incredible journey and a truly life changing experience for our family.
Thank you Mr.Valko for saving our family, may God richly bless you."
- Paul M. and family, O-1/O-3, Alien of Extraordinary Ability in Athletics - Cricket Coach/Manager, Dallas, TX
To learn more from satisfied clients of our firm, please visit our testimonials page.