Jump To Navigation
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • youTube
  • Univision Radio listen to us Click for radio show times

Radio Program 1

Listen to our live radio show Your Key to Immigration Solutions in Spanish every Saturday from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM on La Jefa 107.9 FM or tune-in online at http://lajefadallas.univision.com/

Escuche y llame a nuestro programa de radio La Llave Para Soluciones Migratorias en Español todos los sábados de 8:00 AM a 9:00 AM en La Jefa 107.9 FM o sintoniza en línea en http://lajefadallas.univision.com/

Deferred Action Lawyer Baton Rouge

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security announced in June 2012 that certain young people who entered the country at a young age may be exempt from deportation. These persons may also be eligible for an employment authorization document (Work Permit or EAD) if they can demonstrate economic necessity. If you fit this definition or have questions about Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, we can help.

The Baton Rouge deferred action attorneys at Chavez & Valko, LLP, exclusively focus on matters concerning U.S. immigration and naturalization. Our law firm has represented thousands of clients from around the country and the globe. Contact our lawyers online or call or call us at 225-291-2155 or toll-free at 1-888-562-0398 to discuss your case..

Do You or Your Children Qualify for Deferred Action?

Deferred action, often referred to as Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), does not confer status. Instead, it allows certain undocumented persons to receive employment authorizations and stops any pending deportation proceedings. Generally, it also precludes the government from starting deportation proceedings against the qualifying applicant.

Deferred action as defined by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is available to a young man or woman who:

  • Was under the age of 31 on June 15, 2012;
  • Was under the age of 16 when entered the U.S.;
  • Is at least 15 years old when making the request unless he or she is in removal proceedings, has a final removal order, or has a voluntary departure order, and is not in immigration detention;
  • Resided in the U.S. for 5 consecutive years as of June 15, 2012 and up to present time;
  • Entered the U.S. without inspection (EWI) or his or her lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
  • Is currently in school, has graduated from high school, has obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or has been honorably discharged from the U.S. Coast Guard or U.S. Armed Forces;
  • Has not been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, or three (3) or more insignificant misdemeanors; and

Does not pose a threat to national security or public safety. If you are considering filing for deferred action, we strongly urge you to have an immigration attorney review your case if you have a criminal record. A criminal record may prevent someone from qualifying for deferred action. We can assist you in determining whether your application will be affected by previous criminal convictions.

The Deferred Action Process

The process starts with the completion of form I-821D "Consideration of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals." After submitting this form together with the I-765 and I-765WS forms requesting a work permit, you will receive a receipt notices for the forms. You will then receive an appointment notice to visit an Application Support Center (ASC) in order for you or your child to be fingerprinted and photographed. If all requirements are satisfied, you should receive grant of Deferred Action as well as your Employment Authorization document.

Chavez & Valko, LLP has attorneys who have followed the development of the previous DREAM Act and the current DACA from the very beginning. If you need an advocate in your struggle to remain in the United States legally, we can help.

Contact Us

If you have any questions regarding immigration law, including questions relating to naturalization, deportation, permanent visas, working in the United States, traveling abroad or employer compliance, please contact our law firm to schedule an in-person, telephonic or video consultation regardless of your location within the United States or anywhere in the World.

We speak Spanish , Slovak, and Czech, accept credit cards, and provide initial consultations with an attorney for a low fee. To contact us, call 214-251-8011 (Dallas, TX area), 817-332-1100 (Fort Worth, TX area), 225-291-2155 (Baton Rouge, LA), or toll-free 1-888-562-0398 (nationwide).

* The information on this website should not be construed as legal advice. Use of information on this site does not form an attorney-client relationship. Fully licensed by the Texas Supreme Court.

** Louisiana Office - not licensed to practice law or represent clients in matters of State Law in Louisiana; but Authorized by Federal Law to advise and represent clients in Immigration Matters in Louisiana and throughout the United States. Practice is limited to Immigration Law.

  • "Great experience working with Chavez and Valko on H1B. I work for a nationwide investment management firm and I worked with Martin Valko and his team (Luka Poulton) on my H1B visa. They are..."
  • "I would like to take this opportunity to thank you very much for representing me when I was facing deportation with the Immigration Department about a year ago. It is with gratitude..."
  • "After knocking on many doors without success, we finally found great lawyers willing to do the best they can to fight our immigration case with faith and persistence. Immigration attorneys..."