Immigration Law News
- Homeland Security Announces August Launch of Deferred Action Process .
- New USCIS Immigration Benefit Request or Filing Fees become effective November 23, 2010.
- Temporary Protected Status for Haiti was extended for another 6 months for Haitians present in the United States on January 12, 2010. Head of the USCIS Mayorkas had indicated that the administration is considering to allow Haitians who entered the U.S. after such date to also apply for the TPS.
- The U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Napolitano announced that all Haitians who were present in the United States on January 12, 2010 will be able to apply for Temporary Protected Status (TPS; I-821) and Employment Authorization (I-765). The USICE had also temporarily suspended deportation of Haitians.
- Click here for an address update for filing of your N-400 Application for Naturalization.
- Diversity Visa Lottery (DV-2011) applications due on November 30, 2009.
- Obama to address plans for immigration reform (Breitbart.com), March 18, 2009
Chavez & Valko News
- Press Release: Chavez & Valko, LLP is pleased to announce the opening of its Baton Rouge office 11/2012
- Chavez & Valko donates to LIVESTRONG Challenge; 10/2010
- Attorney Martin Valko was appointed Slovak Republic's Honorary Consul to the State of Texas, 02/2010
- Nick Chavez and Martin Valko discussed developments in U.S. immigration laws live on a local radio show with Parvez Malik, 12/12/2009
- Chavez & Valko donates to LIVESTRONG Challenge
- Gary Frost joins Chavez & Valko's Litigation section in Dallas; also see in-house press release.
- Texas Lawyers Play a Part in 2008 Olympics, Texas Bar Journal, 10/2008
- Dallas Lawyer to Watch Wife Swim in 5th Olympic Games, Headnotes, Dallas Bar Association, 08/2008
Employment Opportunities with Chavez & Valko
Chavez & Valko is always seeking qualified and competent attorneys, paralegals and support staff to better serve our clients. If you are a qualified candidate, please forward us your current resume (Curriculum Vitae).
- NEW: Current Dallas Immigration Court Attorney Schedule
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- The American Immigration Law Foundation
- Visa Bulletin
- U.S. Embassy locations
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) - If you are traveling to the United States under the Visa Waiver program, please click here.
Business and Finance
If you have any questions regarding immigration law, including questions relating to naturalization, deportation, permanent visas, working in the United States, traveling abroad or employer compliance, please contact our law firm to schedule an in-person, telephonic or an online consultation via secured network WebEx regardless of your location within the United States.
We speak Spanish, Slovak, Czech, Ukrainian and Russian; accept credit cards; and provide initial consultations with an attorney for a low fee, which will be credited to your legal fees should you retain us the same day. To contact us, call 214-251-8011 (Dallas area), 817-332-1100 (Fort Worth area), or toll 1-888-562-0398 (nationwide).
*The information on this website should not be construed as legal advice. Use of information on this site does not form an attorney-client relationship.
Fully licensed by the Texas Supreme Court.