Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas, Deportation Defense Attorneys
Deportation can disrupt and even ruin the lives of immigrants living in the U.S. At the Dallas and Fort Worth, Texas immigration law firm of Chavez & Valko, our goal is to help all people who wish to live in the U.S. 1) obtain the legal right to live here, and 2) enjoy the security of knowing their right to live here will not be taken away.
Deportation proceedings most often begin after an alleged immigration or criminal violation occurs and after a Notice to Appear is issued. If you have received a Notice to Appear in relation to possible deportation, you have an opportunity to contest any charges and request an immigration remedy to allow you to remain in the U.S.
The immigration attorneys of Chavez & Valko can help, and have significant experience representing people in deportation proceedings.
We provide aggressive legal representation in all cases involving possible deportation. If you or your sibling, spouse, child or other family member has been arrested, we can review the government’s charges and create strategies to prevent deportation or attain a specific remedy. We have successfully obtained a broad range of deportation legal remedies, including:
- Termination of removal proceedings
- Cancellation of removal
- Political asylum
- Section 212(c) relief
- Adjustment of status (also under the Cuban Refugee Adjustment Act)
We can also:
- Request to reset bond amounts to a lower amount;
- Appeal the decision of an immigration judge to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), Circuit Courts (Fifth), and file Writs of Mandamus and Habeas Corpus in Federal District Courts.
- “Dear Mr. Valko, Please accept our since appreciation and gratitude for your solid and persistent effort and representation that you and your law firm has fulfilled on our behalf over the last couple of years in correcting Natalia’s immigration status with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.
We genuinely thought that our case was too daunting a challenge and insurmountable when looking ahead to navigating the important, yet intimidating, Immigration and Naturalization process present here in the United States. When we consulted with you in the beginning, we presented you with an 8-year old Legacy case from a different jurisdiction with plentiful uncertainty… . You analyzed Natalia’s immigration status and her situation after she was ordered deported, and without any guarantee of success of outcome, you agreed to take on the challenge of bringing our case up to current and lawful status… .
During the two-year progression and through the entire legal process – reopening the previous removal proceeding, transferring venue, securing a joint motion to terminate removal proceedings, and adjusting Natalia’s status with the USCIS – you remained positive and confident in your abilities to navigate us through the challenges. You continuously encouraged us to remain positive and strong, even through the most difficult challenges, and you proved time and time again that your advice was truthful and correct. We have come to know and admire your truthfulness, sincerity, understanding and compassion. You are exceptional at who you are personally and at what you do professionally.
We appreciate your professional knowledge and skill greatly, and we definitely extend a strong recommendation of your services to anyone seeking professional legal immigration assistance.
Sincerely and with very warm regards.”– Jeffery and Natalia C., Dallas, TX ( Motion to Reopen after deportation; Change of Venue; Joint Petition to terminate removal proceedings; Adjustment of status with the USCIS)
“My family and I would like to thank the attorneys from the immigration law firm of Chavez & Valko LLP for the great work fulfilled in my immigration case which had a happy ending. I remember when I arrived at their office with my case, which I knew was very difficult to win, since the immigration law argued that a criminal case like the one I had was eligible for deportation and my options were minimal, and after having consulted with other attorneys from Texas, which informed me that I did not have any possibilities of recovering my residence. With their experience and great knowledge in immigration law, their perseverance and professionalism, they were able to win my case in my favor in Dallas immigration court (EOIR).”
– Cecilio & Family, Dallas, TX ( Defense against deportation in immigration court with 212(h) Waiver and Cuban Adjustment)
- “I would like to personally thank attorney Martin Valko and paralegal Eduardo Amaro for their outstanding assistance in my immigration case. They guided me through the entire deportation process (detention, bond, and trial what is called cancellation of removal for non-lawful permanent residents) and would encourage me to stay positive but they were realistic at the same time. This law firm is trustworthy and their rates are very reasonable. I would recommend all of my family and friends to seek the assistance of this firm for any immigration matter. I will be forever grateful to the Chavez & Valko immigration law team for their assistance; it is because of their professional assistance and experience that I am now a LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. My family and I can now move forward with our life here in the United States.”
– Marco S. with family, Dallas, TX ( Defense against deportation in immigration court – Cancellation of removal of non-lawful permanent resident in immigration court – EOIR)
“I left my country because of war for America, and my request for asylum was denied by immigration judge in Dallas several years ago for not having enough evidence. The first lawyer who handled my case first lost all of the supporting physical evidence, and later made major mistakes during trial. He refused to transfer the case for appeal to another lawyer.
I changed lawyers following advice of a friend. He supposed to save what was left incomplete by the previous lawyer. Unfortunately, the second lawyer wasn’t better because I ended up with a deportation order. I didn’t receive the deportation letter which was send trough the second lawyer who vanished because he had his own legal problems. He told my son before he disappeared that when my son was US citizen I could apply for my green card. When I went for green card interview, I was arrested and sent to Haskell detention facility.
My entire family was devastated and didn’t know what to do. We found Mr. Valko in the yellow pages and we didn’t know anything about him. According to my family, he first listened to my case very carefully and gave us his strategy. The family wasn’t confident at the beginning at all because of the previous experiences with Dallas immigration attorneys. But Mr. Martin Valko is a special man, he knows how to listen, what to say and how to proceed. He was very concerned during the time we had our case handled by him and always gave us feedback on time.
Mr. Martin Valko never showed any sign of fear or despair, he worked honestly, clearly and seriously. He explained to my family how he planned to get me out detention, and then how to get my case reopened. It was difficult because I was already ordered deported, and was waiting for a flight. He succeeded and got me out of detention while the motion to reopen deportation proceeding was pending. Mr. Valko also convinced the immigration attorneys to ask the immigration judge to reopen the case, which he did. We call this miracle and well done job. Mr. Martin Valko cleared all the mess which was around my files. He got my case terminated in immigration court and I went with my son and Mr. Martin to another interview for my green card. He finally finished by helping me getting my green card.
We will never have enough words to thank Mr. Valko for his professionalism and his commitment during all those hard time. Our family is deeply grateful and proud to know him. Mr. Valko‘s experiences make him a great lawyer. We cannot finish this note without also thank the all team who work also so hard to get the papers work on time, and found the crucial information for winning the case, thank you guys…
God bless you all.”
– Mrs. Lea M. & Family, Texas ( Application for Stay with USICE, Motion to Reopen after Deportation, Termination of removal proceedings, Adjustment of Status with USCIS)
- “I am very happy with all that they helped me with immigration. Thank you for representing me and for being kind on all this time that they have advised in the court of immigration.”
“Estoy muy contento con todo lo que me han ayudado con inmigración. Gracias por representarme y por ser amables en todo este tiempo que me han asesorado en la corte de inmigración.”
– Pedro C., Dallas, TX
- “I was in great need of finding an immigration law firm that wouldn’t give up fighting to keep me in the country close to my family, friends and congregation. At Chavez & Valko I found the help I needed and I am very pleased with their success. My family, friends and congregation are thankful for the great job performed. I am convinced of their professionalism and recommend Chavez & Valko to everyone with immigration needs.”
– Pastor Jose Romero, Rockwall, TX ( Application for Stay of Removal, Application for Temporary Protected Status, Motion to Reopen after deportation, Appeal to Board of Immigration Appeals, Petition to the Fifth Circuit of U.S. Court of Appeals)
- “I have had an excellent service with Chavez & Valko. My attorney that I had did an excellent job on my case. And in the future I will use there service again.”
– Mr. and Mrs. A, Dallas, TX (Criminal analysis, testimony at criminal trial and communication with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents)
- “After knocking on many doors without success, we finally found great lawyers willing to do the best they can to fight our immigration case with faith and persistence. Immigration attorneys Nick Chavez and Martin Valko won our case.”
– Jairo Garcia, Dallas, TX
We understand the fear and confusion that can result from potential deportation. When you hire Chavez & Valko immigration lawyers, we will take the time to meet with you, thoroughly explain the legalities of your case, and explain all options and risks. For a low-cost consultation, contact us.
To learn more from clients we have assisted in deportation defense and to read their success stories, please visit our testimonials page.