Your Key to Immigration Solutions
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Business Immigration
  4.  » EB-4 Special Immigrant And Religious Workers

EB-4 Special Immigrant & Religious Workers

What is an EB-4 visa?

The EB-4 visa is an employment-based green card for special immigrant religious workers. Generally intended for religious denominations in the United States, it also covers various other applicants:

  • Religious Workers
  • Special Immigrant Juveniles
  • Broadcasters
  • Retired Officers or employees of a G-4 International organization
  • NATO-6 Civilian employees
  • S. Government employees and their families
  • Members of the U.S. armed forces;
  • Panama Canal company or Canal Zone government employees;
  • Certain physicians licensed and practicing medicine in a U.S. state as of Jan. 9, 1978;
  • Afghan or Iraqi translators or interpreters;
  • Iraqis who were employed by or on behalf of the U.S. government; and
  • Afghans who were employed by the U.S. government or International Security Assistance Force (ISAF).

For at least two (2) years immediately before filing, the applicant must have been a member of a religious denomination having a bona fide non-profit, religious organization in the U.S. and must have been performing the ministry, vocation, professional work, or other work continuously during that period.

Applying for an EB-4 visa

To obtain an EB-4 visa, the employer must file an I-360, Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant. There are certain situations where the employee may be able to self-petition.

Can my family accompany me?

Once your EB-4 green card is approved, immediate family members such as a spouse or unmarried children under 21 years of age may be join you through one of the following three options:

  • Adjustment of Status
  • Consular Processing
  • Concurrent Filing

For more information about EB-4 National Interest Waivers, give us a call at 214-251-8011 (Dallas, TX) or 817-332-1100 (Fort Worth, TX), or schedule your next appointment online here.