Your Key to Immigration Solutions
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Immigration
  4.  » B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa

B-1/B-2 Visitor Visa

What is a B-1/B-2 visa?

The B-1 and B-2 visas are temporary, non-immigrant visas that allow individuals to travel to the United States for business or tourism purposes. They cover most reasons people would visit the U.S. temporarily except for education (F-1 Visa).

Business-related activities that are permitted, but are not limited to, are:

  • Attending conventions, conferences, and other business-related meetings
  • Engaging in commercial transactions that do not involve gainful employment
  • Consulting with business associates
  • Procuring goods, components, or raw materials for use outside the U.S.
  • Participating in litigation

Applying for a B-1 or B-2 Visa

An individual applying for a B-1 or B-2 visa may do so at the U.S. embassy or consulate in that person’s country. An interview will also be conducted before the application is approved.

Period of Stay

The initial period of stay granted can range from one (1) month to six (6) months. Additional extensions can only last up to six (6) months, maximum of one (1) year for any one trip.

Can my family accompany me?

Spouses and children may join an individual while on a B-1 visa, but they will each have to apply for a B-2 visa as well.

For more information about B1 and B2 visas, give us a call at 214-251-8011 (Dallas, TX) or 817-332-1100 (Fort Worth, TX), or schedule your next appointment online here.