EB-5 Immigrant Investor & Entrepreneurs Visa
What is an EB-5 visa?
The EB-5 visa, also known as the Immigrant Investor Program, allows foreign investors to gain permanent residency in the U.S. for investing in job-creating businesses or through approved USCIS regional centers to promote growth in designated areas. The EB-5 visa is the only visa program focused on creating jobs in the United States.
Applying for an EB-5 visa
Basic qualification investors must meet to submit Form I-526, Immigrant Petition by an Alien Investor are:
- Evidence of investing, or in the processing of investing in a new commercial enterprise
- Show you are, or will be, active in the management of the commercial enterprise
- Submit evidence that you have invested or actively invest the required capital
- Submit evidence that the commercial enterprise will create at least ten (10) full-time positions
- Submit evidence that current employment will be preserved at the current investment level for at least two (2) years
Types of commercial enterprises are:
- A sole proprietorship;
- Partnership (whether limited or general);
- Holding company;
- Joint venture;
- Business trust; or
- Other entity, which may be publicly or privately owned.
Can my family accompany me?
Spouses and unmarried children under 21 may also qualify for permanent residence (green card) under this program for the conditional period of 2 years.
For more information about EB-5 visa, give us a call at 214-251-8011 (Dallas, TX) or 817-332-1100 (Fort Worth, TX), or schedule your next appointment online here.