East Hidalgo ICE Detention Center in La Villa, Texas | Deportation Defense
The East Hidalgo ICE detention center is located in the city of La Villa, Texas. It is located approximately 18 miles north-west of Harlingen, Texas. It has a capacity of 1,346 detainees.
If you or someone you know has a case before the immigration court it will be important that any documents or evidence, be sent to this facility so that you avoid any delay, or potential negative impact, in your immigration case.
Many types of cases can be requested before the Harlingen Immigration Court, including Bond Requests, Adjustment of Status, Cancellation of Removal for Legal and Non-Legal Permanent Residents, Removal of Conditions on Legal Permanent Residence, Asylum, NACARA, and Voluntary Departure, among others. Some of these cases require that you present evidence of your continued physical presence and good moral character. Presenting eligibility for a case will require that you or your family obtain documents and other evidence that will show you meet each of the factors necessary for that case.
1300 E Hwy 107
La Villa, TX 78562
Facility Main Phone Number: (956) 262-4511
ICE Field Office Main Phone Number: (956) 547-1700
Free parking is available at the facility for visitors.
Accessibility for Individuals with Special Needs: The facility does not discriminate based on disability and provides detainees with disability-related accommodations, as needed, to access its programs and activities.
FAMILY & ATTORNEY VISITATIONS
Family and Friends:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday: 3:15 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Visits shall not exceed thirty minutes.
- Adult visitors must present a valid, verifiable government-issued identification card to enter the facility.
- Minors who are visiting the facility must be accompanied by an adult guardian (18 years or older). Minors must not be left unaccompanied in the waiting room, visiting room or any other area.
Daily: 8 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Arrangements may be made for extended hours with approval of Facility Warden.
- A list of pro bono legal organizations will be posted in all detainee housing units and other appropriate areas. This list is updated quarterly.
- Consulate officials can visit their detained nationals at any time, although it is requested that arrangements be made beforehand with the ICE Supervisory Detention and Deportation Officer.
LOCATING A DETAINEE
To determine if someone you know is at the East Hidalgo ICE detention center you can check the ICE Detainee Locator. Once you have determined their location, you will be able to give the facility a call to put you in contact with the individual. Here’s some tips to keep in mind when contacting East Hidalgo Detention Center.
- When you call, have the person’s biographical information available, including first, last and hyphenated names, any aliases he or she may use, date of birth and country of birth.
- Detainees cannot receive incoming calls. If you need to get in touch with a detainee to leave an urgent message, you must call (956) 262-4142 and leave the detainee’s full name, alien registration number and your name and telephone number where you can be reached.
If the person is already at the East Hidalgo ICE detention center, and you would like more information about visits and placing funds in their account, you can go to the center’s website located in additional resources.
- ICE Detainee Locator
- Harlingen Immigration Court
- East Hidalgo Detention Center | ICE | Website
- Deportation Defense & Litigation Services
EAST HIDALGO DETENTION CENTER LAWYER
Chavez & Valko, LLP immigration attorneys are experienced in deportation defense and litigation. If you or a loved one requires defense for removal (deportation), do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your case. We can assess your eligibility for relief before the immigration court and can represent you before the immigration court as well. Our legal team provides the highest quality legal service in order to fight and defend all of our clients.
If you have questions or would like to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys, please follow the link below to schedule a consultation or give us a call.
- Book Online Here
- Dallas Office: (214) 251-8011
- Fort Worth Office: (817) 332-1100