Prairieland ICE Detention Center in Alvarado, TX | Deportation Defense
The Prairieland Detention Center is one of the newest ICE detention facilities. It is located approximately 40 miles southwest of Dallas in Alvarado, Texas, and it is designed to house 707 detainees including three dozen transgender migrants in a special wing.
Due to its proximity to Dallas, immigration attorneys will now have more access to visit clients to prepare their removal defense. If you or someone you know has a case before the immigration court it will be important that any documents or evidence, be sent to this new facility so that you avoid any delay, or potential negative impact, in your immigration case.
Many types of cases can be requested before the Dallas Immigration Court, including Bond Requests, Adjustment of Status, Cancellation of Removal for Legal and Non-Legal Permanent Residents, Removal of Conditions on Legal Permanent Residence, Asylum, NACARA, and Voluntary Departure, among others. Some of these cases require that you present evidence of your continued physical presence and good moral character. Presenting eligibility for a case will require that you or your family obtain documents and other evidence that will show you meet each of the factors necessary for that case.
1209 Sunflower Lane
Alvarado, TX 76009
Facility Main Phone Line: (817) 409-3995
ICE Field Office Main Phone Number: (214) 424-7800
Free parking is available at the facility for visitations.
Accessibility for Individuals with Special Needs: The facility is in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
FAMILY & ATTORNEY VISITATIONS
- Low/Medium Low: Mon/Wed/ Friday 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- High: Mon/ Wed/ Friday 1:00 p.m-6:00 p.m.
- Low/ Medium Low: Tues/ Thurs/ Sat 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- High: Tues/ Thurs/ Sat 1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Daily: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Video Tele-conferences are available at request.
- Lists of pro-bono legal organizations are posted throughout the facility for detainees to look at.
Consulate officials can visit their detained nationals at any time, although it is requested that arrangements be made beforehand with the ICE Supervisory Detention and Deportation Officer.
LOCATING A DETAINEE
To determine if someone you know is at the Prairieland Detention Center you can check the ICE Detainee Locator. Once you have determined their location, you will be able to give the facility a call to put you in contact with the individual. Here’s some tips to keep in mind when contacting Prairieland Detention Center.
- When you call, have the person’s biographical information available, including first, last and hyphenated names, any aliases he or she may use, date of birth and country of birth.
- Detainees cannot receive incoming calls. If you need to get in touch with a detainee to leave an urgent message, you must call (817) 409-3995 and leave the detainee’s full name, alien registration number and your name and telephone number where you can be reached. The detainee will be given your message and telephone number where you can be reached
If the person is already in the Prairieland Detention Center, and you would like more information about visits and placing funds in their account, you can go to the center’s website located in additional resources.
- ICE Detainee Locator
- Dallas Immigration Court
- Prairieland Detention Center | ICE | Website
- Deportation Defense & Litigation Services
PRAIRIELAND DETENTION CENTER IMMIGRATION LAWYER
Chavez & Valko, LLP immigration attorneys are experienced in deportation defense and litigation. If you or a loved one requires defense for removal (deportation), do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your case. We can assess your eligibility for relief before the immigration court and can represent you before the immigration court as well. Our legal team provides the highest quality legal service in order to fight and defend all of our clients.
If you have questions or would like to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys, please follow the link below to schedule a consultation or give us a call.
- Book Online Here
- Dallas Office: (214) 251-8011
- Fort Worth Office: (817) 332-1100